TERMS AND CONDITIONS
USE OF SCARLET SITE
The images of products shown on the SCARLET Site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the actual colours of our products. The product you receive may vary slightly in colour from the image on your screen.
You may only place an order through a SCARLET Site or over the telephone with our customer services team if:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- you are at least 18 years old; and
- you are a consumer (this means that you are an individual purchasing the products outside the course of your business or trade).
- You confirm and agree that all products you order are for your own private and domestic use and are not for resale.
CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND SCARLET
- Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please ensure that you have checked your order at each page of the order process. Please note, once you have placed an order with us, we are unable to amend it.
- After placing an order, you will receive an email from us (sent to the email address that you have provided when placing your order) acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in 3.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the product has been dispatched (the “Dispatch Confirmation”). The contract between us (the “Contract”) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation
- The Contract will relate only to those products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
- If we are unable to supply you with a product you have ordered, for example, if the product is out of stock or because of an error in the price on our website or inability to authorise your payment, we will inform you of this by email or telephone and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible. If you paid by voucher, we will issue you with a new voucher.
- As a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract with us under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Your right to cancel a Contract begins on the date you place your order and ends 14 calendar days from the day after you receive the product you have ordered.
- To cancel a Contract, please notify us in writing during the time period specified in clause 5.1. You may either complete the Cancellation Form which you may submit to us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of your order to help us identify it. We will send you an email to confirm we have received your notification of cancellation.
- If you cancel your Contract in accordance with clause 5.2, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the product and original delivery charges but you will not receive a refund of the cost of returning the product to us.
- If we have already dispatched the product before you decide to cancel your Contract, you must return it to us as soon as possible and, in any event, within 14 calendar days of cancellation. You can either return it to our shop or by post to Unit 6,Royal Buttermarket, Newark Upon Trent, NG24 1BF
- If you return a product by post, you will need to pay the costs of returning the product to us and obtain proof of posting. Please enclose the delivery note provided in your original parcel and complete the relevant sections for a refund. If the product was ordered using our Order in Store service, the product must be returned to one of our shops.
- We will process your refund as soon as possible. If we have dispatched the product before you cancel the Contract, we will process your refund within 14 calendar days after the day on which we receive the product back. If we have not yet dispatched the product before you cancel the Contract, we will process your refund within 14 calendar days of your cancellation.
- If you only cancel the Contract in respect of some but not all of the products in an order, you will not be entitled to a refund of the delivery charge as our delivery charges are charged at a flat rate per order and not by weight.
- Products must be returned in their original condition. We may reduce any refund due to you to reflect any reduction in the value of the product due to how you have handled it.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your legal rights in respect of products which are defective or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- If you think that a product is defective or mis-described, please contact our Customer Service Team by using our Contact Details. One of our Customer Service Team will be able to advise you on how to return your goods.
- All returns for potentially defective products will be examined once they have been received by us and we will notify you if you are entitled to a refund via email within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process any refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day we notified you via email that you were entitled to a refund for these products. If it is the case that we notified you that you are entitled to a refund, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the product, the original delivery charges and the cost of returning the product to us.
- We will usually refund any money due to you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- If you return a product to one of our shops, we will only be able to process the refund in store if the product was originally purchased using a credit or debit card and you bring the card with you. Where the item was originally purchased in part or full using gift cards or if you do not bring your credit or debit card with you, we will be unable to immediately process the refund in store and we will return the item to our warehouse where the refund will be processed. Where the item was originally purchased using PayPal and returned in store, either an exchange for an alternative item or a CREDIT NOTE for the total refund value will be offered as the store will be unable to process a financial refund back to your PayPal account.
- For the avoidance of doubt, exchanges are treated as a refund of the old product and a new purchase for the new product, so please be aware that you will see both of these transactions on your account.